The Life Solutions Network is a volunteer-driven network for volunteer mentors and social service professionals who choose to serve our community by building the capability of people in need.
Volunteers choose the organizations they support; the Network then supports them with tools, ideas, personal mentoring and other resources. Capability-building takes many forms, e.g. mentoring, financial and job coaching, life skills instruction, problem solving and much more. We serve in our passion and grow personally as we serve. Most of the people we serve are struggling with some aspect of life, e.g. poverty, financial distress, unemployment, illness.
- We inspire people to live, work and serve to their purpose, passion and potential.
- Grow the capability of people in need by enabling volunteers and non-profit professionals with life skills and mentoring solutions.
- We love volunteer development; we want you to serve to your purpose and potential and be the best volunteer (or professional) you can be, wherever you choose to serve.
- A free, open-source life skills “wiki” is available for personal learning or in serving others. It is module-based and can be adapted to fit specific needs…informally or as a curriculum. It is unique in the way skills are defined and learning paths presented with content such as one-point lessons.
- We bring together volunteers and non-profit professionals to create content and tools.
- We are a money-less organization and so there is no cost to you. Click the file below to see our 2019 flyer:
- Our toolbox is divided into 4 categories: Life Skills, Volunteer Solutions, Mentoring Solutions and Organizational Capacity. Some of the tools are on-line; all are freely available upon request. Click the file below to see our 2019 listing:
I am only one person but I know I must and can make a difference. I imagine countless volunteers, civic leaders and people in ministry energized and serving to their unique purpose and potential – working together to make our community a thriving place to live by building capability of those who are struggling.
I believe in ‘people helping people’ – deeply and sustainably.
Click here to learn more about us.
You can find LSN on-line in various ways. Each outlet has a similar intent, i.e. to present information, ideas and tools to grow personally and better serve others.
Public Content (no registration required):
- Life Skills Wiki. This is targeted toward volunteer mentors but this can be used by many.
- Volunteer Solutions. Resources for new and experienced volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Mentoring Solutions. Resources for mentors and mentor program leaders.
- Links to external recommended resources such as books, bloggers and web sites.
- Blog. Our blog is about life, life skills, volunteering and living to our purpose and potential. The blogs are short (250 words) and easy to read.
- Social Media:
Note: links in green font on this site require registration and appropriate access level.
Friend-level Content (registration required):
- Newsletter. A newsletter keeps you informed about the network and life skills. Note: if you already receive the newsletter, you must still register on this site for access to Friend-level content.
Member-level Content (contact us):
- All of the above and
- Lesson plans and wiki templates in Microsoft Office formats (doc, xls) for editing.
- Volunteer Solutions toolbox, especially for Volunteer Coordinators.
- Mentor Solutions toolbox, especially for Mentor Program Leaders.
- Personal support with life skills curriculum, volunteer processes or general business planning.
Greater Cincinnati Mentor Leadership Alliance. LSN sponsors the newly formed “alliance” of local mentoring organizations. We are collaborating to raise the overall capability of our mentoring efforts.
Speaking Events. Presentations are available to local organizations or upon request. A particular focus is Life Purpose; we have a lot to share on Living, Working and Volunteering to our Purpose and Potential. Click the file below to see a summary of available topics:
Mentor for Purpose Workshops. We have beginner and advanced workshops for volunteer mentors. Click the file below to see a summary.
Volunteer Mentoring. Contact us if you are personally exploring volunteer mentor opportunities. We are particularly interested in supporting new volunteers who want to serve the community by sustainable, capability building.