When we volunteer, we are each trying to satisfy the needs of our heart, mind, body and soul in a unique way. Each of us will then seek different things from participation in LSN.
- Purpose…discover and fulfill personal purpose and goals.
- Networking…new opportunities.
- Learning…personal development, mentoring.
- Social…make new friends.
- Spiritual…live your faith.
There are various levels of membership and access to the toolbox, all are free.
- Public. There are various resources available including a Blog, Facebook and Twitter and most of the Life Skills wiki. No registration is required. Access to some content is restricted.
- Friend. This adds some “premium” content to the Life Skills Wiki and other Resources which are being added to this site (watch for the green-font links). A simple registration is required which gives you this access as well as a monthly newsletter.
- Member. Members are those volunteers or social service professionals that are doing some type of capability-building service in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area.
- Add value and meaning to people’s lives.
- Inspire and enable capability-building volunteerism.
- Create a life skills toolbox to enable people to serve to their potential.
- We “connect” people to deeper service…professional-to-professional and volunteer-to-professional or organization).
- Tools and coaching are available to people and organizations to solve real-life problems and serve to our potential.
- LSN is the “go to” organization in NKY for life skills and volunteer solutions.
- Network members share their time and talent with each other and the community.
- We exist to build capability in people struggling with life (the poor, debt burdened, unemployed, young and old) AND the volunteers AND the organizations serving them.
- Your volunteer experience will be richer because of your participation with the Network. You become a “skill builder” and your community becomes a better place to live.
- Relationship building between non-profit organizations and high-level volunteers will strengthen capabilities in both.
- We are faith-driven, serving people in need (we role model Jesus).
- We equip people with new, stronger, life-long skills (teach people to fish).
- We offer hope and prosperity (there are better days ahead).
- We trust (it’s private, you can share).
- We respect (non-judgmental).
- We are humble (it’s not about ego).
- We grow as we serve (it’s two-way).
LSN does not have a physical address but we are fortunate to have a friend and partner in the Life Learning Center where we spend a lot of time.
LSN does not do direct service. Each volunteer selects their own organizations for whom they serve.
We are not a 501c3 because we are money-less.
We are not a religious organization but many members are faith-driven (non-denominational).
The network is supported by volunteers in many ways. This includes an advisory team, wiki authors, event planners and project leaders.
Volunteer NKY is a movement to encourage social service volunteerism. People helping people.