Volunteering is a wonderful way of giving and loving others. Volunteer opportunities come in unlimited forms and with thought, you should be able to find something that’s right for you. Skill-based volunteering is about using your skills, talents and experiences. Some people seek to learn new skills and aptitudes through volunteering, others seek to apply their specialized skills in their volunteer role. This is skills-based volunteering.
- I know my strengths and talents and can identify a volunteer opportunity that energizes me.
- I can target and engage an organization to offer my talents.
Key Learning Points:
- Volunteer opportunities exist everywhere in our local communities. We can pursue these directly via a social service agency, through our church or web sites such as can i order clomid online.
- Organizations don’t always know how to engage “skilled” resources so it becomes necessary to network and “sell”. This effort pays off in getting an energizing and purposeful volunteer assignment. You are looking for a fit between an organization and your needs.
- Our faith helps us see our “connectedness” with others. Volunteering is a way to put our faith into practice.
- Develop a deep personal understanding of your passions, talents and needs. In particular, define your strengths and unique talents and characteristics that can benefit others. See the can you purchase clomid over the counter.
- Identify target organizations at which to volunteer. This is much like the Job Search process.
- Identify your personal goals.
- Experience a volunteer role and learn and grow from it.
- Skill-based volunteer roles. There are limitless possibilities, here are some examples:
- Project leader…fund raising event, volunteer coordinator.
- Teacher…financial or computer literacy.
- Manager…Board member, partner to an executive director.
- Supply chain…help with food pickup and distribution planning.
- IT…help with web site.
- Construction…help build a house.
- Volunteerism is an attitude. It is clomid for sale online cheap to others. Service can be performed formally through a given role or informally with family or people we meet. The “attitude” is simply seeking a way to add value and meaning to the life of another person.
- Skill-Based vs. Capability-Building. Skill-based volunteerism leverages our skills to help an organization or person. Capability-building implies a transfer of skill to an organization or person to leave behind a sustainable capability.
- Goals in Volunteering. Identify your personal goals (and motives). Goals may fall into areas such as spiritual, emotional, intellectual or physical. They may be practical such as creating a resume-building experience while unemployed or to developing a new skill. They could be more altruistic and just to serve a cause.
- Organization Preparedness. Some organizations may not immediately know how to leverage your skills. You should be prepared to offer examples and do some “selling”. It is important to have a sponsor/manager within the organization you choose.
Exercises for Older Teens and Adults:
- Use the where can i buy cheap clomid pills.
Exercises for Younger Teens (13-16):
- None at this time.
Questions to Encourage Critical Thinking:
- Why am I considering volunteering?
- Do I have unique talents or skills to offer? How can I apply them?
- What personal goals am I pursuing? What are my motives?
Tools and Templates:
- where can i purchase clomid online. A person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
Web Sites/Short Stories/Essays:
- where can i purchase clomid over the counter.
- buy cheap clomid online uk on PointsofLight.org
- buy cheap clomid uk on HandsonNetwork.org
- buy clomid online with mastercard on PersonnelToday.com.
- buy clomid online uk on Forbes.com. The article includes a link to a free e-book with registration.
- buy clomid online pharmacy by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
- buy clomid online paypal by Angela Perkey
- buy clomid online reviews by PhillySJUnitd on YouTube.
- buy clomid online india a 90 second excerpt from the movie “Up” on YouTube.
- buy clomid pct online on YouTube by The Volunteer Center.
- “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” – Acts 20:35 ESV
- “Everyone can be great because everyone can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t even have to make your subject and verb agree to serve…you only need a heart full of grace.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others.” — DeAnn Hollis
- “You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.” — Winston Churchill
- “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” — Chinese Proverb
Summary 2-page Lesson Examples:
- None at this time.