This page introduces the Greater Cincinnati Mentor Leadership Alliance. It is intended for organizations that have or want to develop a mentor program.
2018 Mentor Leadership Summit:
The Life Solutions Network is hosted a “summit” for mentor program leaders across the greater Cincinnati area on Nov 7, 2018. It focused on learning from each other through networking and the sharing of best practices. We expect it to be the first of an ongoing series of workshops for mentor program leaders.
- Greater Cincinnati
- Social serviced-focused mentoring
- All ages…adult, teen, youth
- Mentor Program Leaders
- Easy-access toolbox
- 1:1 support
Ongoing Alliance Vision:
Our vision is to move from an informal network (i.e. the Mentor for Purpose Team) to a more formal one that encompasses many organizations across the greater Cincinnati region. The network would have some of these characteristics:
- Formal roles are established for content ownership based on interest and expertise.
- Sub-teams work on continual improvement
- Network members support each other.
- We meet 2-4 times per year as a group for networking and learning.
- A mentor program leader may be a full-time or part-time role. It may be a paid staff position or a volunteer role. There are probably multiple people who provide leadership though including the executive director, a mentor leader role and/or key volunteers.
- Some of you benefit from the support of a national organization but most do not. This summit and network will be especially helpful to the smaller organizations.