The Mentoring Solutions toolbox is intended to share ideas and tools for individual mentors and mentor program leaders.
Background: This toolbox resulted from the Mentor for Purpose initiative from 2017-18. We worked with mentor program leaders from Cincinnati and NKY to document the skills and training for mentor development. These ideas and tools are freely available to LSN Members. Just contact us.
Objective: The general goals are to:
- Develop new mentors as quickly as possible (more focus on quality than quantity).
- Support and grow volunteer mentors and service professionals (energized, purposeful, serving to potential).
Mentoring Solutions Examples: The LSN toolbox already contains many items. Many of these “solutions” are not on-line; contact us for more information. Here is a partial list:
- Process documentation…process masterplanning, process design & improvement, training.
- Mentor for Purpose workshops.
- Mentor program startup support…we are working with a number of local organizations.
- Mentoring…of volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Benchmarking…sharing of local best practices.
- Role descriptions…Volunteer Mentor, Mentor Program Leader and Lead Volunteer.
- Organization-specific initiatives.
- The Mentoring.org web site has a wealth of information for starting up and operating an effective mentoring program.