The Mentoring Solutions toolbox is intended to share ideas and tools for individual mentors and mentor program leaders.
Background: This toolbox resulted from the Mentor for Purpose initiative from 2017-18. We worked with mentor program leaders from Cincinnati and NKY to document the skills and training for mentor development. The training materials and tools are freely available to LSN Members. Just contact us.
Objective: The general goals are to:
- Develop new mentors as quickly as possible (more focus on quality than quantity).
- Support and grow volunteer mentors and service professionals (energized, purposeful, serving to potential).
- Introduce more Purpose to mentoring. This is about helping people know themselves deeply.
Mentoring Solutions Examples: The LSN toolbox already contains many items. Many of these “solutions” are not on-line; contact us for more information. Here is a partial list:
- Process documentation…process masterplanning and process design & improvement.
- Mentor for Purpose workshops.
- Mentor program startup support…we are working with a number of local organizations.
- Mentoring…of volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Benchmarking…sharing of local best practices.
- Role descriptions…Volunteer Mentor, Mentor Program Leader and Lead Volunteer.
- Mentor Development Planning process.
- Organization-specific initiatives, e.g. create a Coaching Roadmap, startup a new mentoring program.
- The Mentoring.org web site has a wealth of information for starting up and operating an effective mentoring program. Be sure to integrate this into the way you manage and lead.