The Solutions initiative is intended to develop and share ideas and tools for individual volunteers and volunteer leaders.
Background: The Life Solutions Network has two key aspects to its mission: Life Skills and Volunteer Solutions. Solutions have been accumulating and are in various degrees of documentation. These ideas and tools are freely available to LSN Members. Just contact us.
Objective: The Volunteer NKY planning team will facilitate collaboration so that ideas, tools and processes are improved and more broadly shared and used. The general goals are to:
- Find new volunteers (create new capacity in the community).
- Support and grow volunteers and service professionals (energized, purposeful, serving to potential).
- Identify and address organization requirements, e.g. remove barriers to accepting skilled volunteers.
Two tools were initially identified by the Strategy Team for improvement and “deployment”:
Over time, we want to create a culture of sharing…people “deposit and borrow” from the toolbox.
Other Solutions Examples: The LSN toolbox already contains many items. Many of these “solutions” are not on-line; contact us for more information. Here is a partial list:
- Process documentation…process masterplanning, process design & improvement, training.
- Program management…best practices framework, program planning.
- Speaker’s Bureau…Volunteer with Purpose presentation, local organization engagement.
- Volunteer development playbook…assessment tool for “fit, interview prep, development plan.
- Mentoring…of volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Benchmarking…Kentucky Non-Profits Network (KNN), network synergy.
- Volunteer “dashboard”…template, various examples.
- Organization design…framework, example, roles and responsibilities.
- Ambassadorship…process, training and support.
- Volunteer Connect…volunteer fairs at local organizations.
- Volunteer NKY on Facebook.
- Organization-specific initiatives, e.g. Member Engagement at the Life Learning Center.
- The Cincinnati Association of Volunteer Administrators (CAVA) is highly recommended for volunteer professionals in NKY and Cincinnati.
- The Life Solutions Network is a member of the Kentucky Non-Profit Network and the Safety Net Alliance of NKY. We encourage others to become direct members too.