We want to engage organizational leaders in volunteer vision and goals. This is a way to think big and different regarding the impact volunteers can have for your organization.
Why This is Important:
- Volunteerism can change the fundamental capacity of an organization to deliver its mission.
- Encouraging volunteerism takes the effort of many people: volunteer coordinators AND organization leaders, customer-side organizations AND supply-side (see discussion below) and the volunteers themselves. We particularly believe that executive support (especially Executive Director and Board) changes the game in a big way.
Examples of Vision Statements: The possibilities are endless.
- Everyone makes the world a better place in their own unique way.
- People volunteer to their purpose, passion and potential.
- Volunteers have a measurable impact on cost and outcomes.
How to Participate: You can get started in one of two ways:
- Use the on-line toolbox (see below).
- Contact us to request facilitation at your organization. We want the Executive Director, Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteer “thought leaders” to participate.
- What is a Vision? The following articles describe Vision.
- Writing a Compelling Vision Statement. A vision statement is a vivid idealized description of a desired outcome that inspires, energizes and helps you create a mental picture of your target. It could be a vision of a part of your life, or the outcome of a project or goal. In executive coaching scenarios, vision statements are often confused with mission statements, but they serve complementary purposes. Source: TimeThoughts.com
- What is a Vision Statement. Vision statements are aspirational; they lay out the most important primary goals for a company. Source: BusinessNewsDaily.com
- Vision Framework. The following document shares an example vision and goals summary and discusses the ideal criteria. We are not prescribing specifics, only that the organization’s leader(s) participates in defining/owning the vision statements.
- Examples of NKY visions. Your product can take any form, e.g. a document, a vision board/poster or a video. Creativity and artistry will aid in communication.
- Click here to see the entire volunteer vision process.