This page shares ideas and “solutions” that might be useful to professional volunteer coordinators. Contact Tony Aloise if you want to discuss any of these topics or have a volunteer problem to solve.
We want to work with both organizations that need volunteers (customer) and those that encourage volunteerism (supplier) such as churches, businesses and school.
- Find new volunteers (create new capacity in the community)
- “Keep our eyes open”.
- Volunteer NKY…leverage Facebook and blog for ongoing cultivation.
- Proactive ambassadorship.
- Proactive awareness…Church bulletin announcements.
- Engage “outreach ministers” or people who encourage volunteerism.
- Support and grow volunteers and service professionals (energized, purposeful, serving to potential)
- Mentoring…Volunteer Assessment Tool, Life Purpose worksheet.
- Introduce “brokering” services such as Volunteer Match, ESSC…Links on Member and Public site.
- Introduce to member agencies via informal networking/mentoring-based matching.
- Development plan…see Volunteer Development Playbook or Career Plan Template.
- Leverage StrengthsFinder.
- Offer classes…see Monthly Workshops list
- Support “Big Thinkers”.
- Coach people seeking reemployment to develop resume-building volunteer proposal.
- Career coaching for agency staff (see Career Planning Worksheet).
- Identify and address organization (customer) requirements (remove barriers to accepting skilled volunteers)
- Develop generic position descriptions: grant writer, data manager, facility manager, research, volunteer coordinator, awareness (to match with high-level volunteers).
- Engage in agency client volunteer encouragement, e.g. Candidates at LLC.
- Develop a process whereby Corporations can propose a group (team) volunteer experience.
- Life Skills including Leadership. See the Life Skills Wiki.
- Organization design…framework, example, PACE (template, training).
- Program management…best practices framework, program plan.
- Process documentation…process masterplan, process documentation, training for your staff.
- Org specific examples…St Joe’s Outreach proposal, LLC Member Engagement.
- Ambassadorship…process, training, informal, leverage LSN
- Volunteer NKY… Vision, Connect, Solutions, Facebook.
- Presentations…Purposeful Living, Working, Volunteering.
- Volunteer development playbook…assessment tool for “fit, interview prep, development.
- Mentoring…of volunteers, of volunteer coordinators.
- Volunteer “dashboard”…template, LSN example.
- Benchmarking…KNN, network synergy.
- Role descriptions…examples, what makes a good description.